Is your ductless mini-split air conditioning system experiencing issues? The experienced technicians at Al Terry Plumbing & Heating can help repair your mini-split system. Our servicemen are trained to work on many systems and are ready to provide fast repairs to help keep your home well-conditioned and comfortable.
How is a Mini-Split Different from an AC Unit?
A mini-split system can help you stay comfortable while reducing your energy usage. Mini-split air conditioning units work like traditional HVAC systems though they don’t require any ductwork to circulate cool air throughout your home.
Ductless mini-splits have two primary components: indoor and outdoor units. The indoor unit takes warm air, cools it by pushing it over a cooling agent, and moves it to the outdoor unit. The outdoor unit provides air intake and exhaust, thus sending hot air from your home outside.
If you’re considering purchasing a mini-split system for a specific room in your home, get in touch with us today for a better idea of how ductless mini-split solutions can save you money and improve comfort in your home.
Signs Your Mini Split Needs Repair
If you want to get the most out of a ductless air conditioner, you need to keep it functioning at peak performance by addressing AC problems swiftly when they occur. Here are some of the signs that your mini split needs repair that you should watch out for:
- You notice your home isn’t as cool as it once was – If your AC system is running but not blowing cold air or the airflow seems weak, it needs to be repaired.
- Your mini-split unit is leaking water – If you notice water collecting around your air conditioner, there may be an issue with the drain line preventing water from draining from your AC.
- Your mini-split A/C system is not running correctly – If your AC is running at its regular speed, but instead, it’s pumping hot air while trying to cool your home, that could be an issue with the coils.
- Your AC does not respond to manual or remote controls – Some mini-split systems come with a remote. If you’ve changed the batteries and even tried adjusting the controls yourself, but it’s still not responding, there could be an internal electrical issue causing the problem.
- Your mini-split A/C system keeps making strange or loud sounds – If you notice your unit is louder than usual or it’s making odd noises like screeching or popping sounds, it’s best to call an expert to diagnose the issue.
- Burning or musty smells – Burning or foul smells coming out of your unit while on should have you powering down your device and on the phone as soon as possible.
How to Fix a Mini Split Air Conditioner
While some repairs for a mini-split air conditioner can be done by yourself, more complicated fixes require the hand of a professional. If you’re handy with tools and have a basic understanding of how your system works, you can troubleshoot and resolve straightforward problems.
Some of the mini-split repairs you can perform on your own include cleaning or replacing the air filters, verifying and adjusting thermostat settings, cleaning up any dirt or debris that is obstructing your indoor or outdoor unit, and keeping the condenser coils clean.
For more complex issues, such as diagnosing electrical shortages or figuring out if the coils are worn out, it’s better to leave them to skilled experts with the expertise and training to carry out the repairs safely and efficiently.
Some of the mini-split repairs that our technicians can help you fix include refrigerant leaks, replacing your thermostat, issues involving electrical components, and condenser fan repair.
Suppose your mini-split isn’t cooling your home correctly. In that case, you must hire a licensed and experienced technician to diagnose and resolve the issues. Our team of experienced technicians provides the highest quality mini split AC repair services in New Hampshire.
Ductless Mini Split System Repair & Maintenance – Hooksett, NH
If you already have a ductless mini split system in your home, you are surely a big fan of the comfort, customization and cost savings. Still – these complex systems do require expert maintenance to operate at maximum efficiency. You would not skip a car service, so do not neglect your air-conditioning system either!
As a Mitsubishi Elite Diamond Contractor, our specialized ductless mini split system experts will schedule an appointment at a convenient time and provide industry-standard repairs, while providing sound recommendations on how your family can stay warm and cool all year around.
Contact Al Terry Plumbing, Heating & AC today to learn more about our expert air-conditioning system repair solutions.
In order for us to provide you the best heating, plumbing and air conditioning service, please fill out the information below. A member of our staff will contact you to schedule your appointment after we receive your information.
Why Annual Furnace Inspections Are Necessary & Important
When the colder weather hits New England, it leaves homeowners with a few responsibilities to take care of. One of the tasks that you’ll want to be proactive about it scheduling an annual furnace inspection.READ MORE
Winter Plumbing Tips: How to Prepare Pipes For Winter
It may seem soon to be already thinking about snowflakes and freezing temperatures, but unfortunately, the winter months always tend to sneak up on us quicker than we expect.READ MORE
How to Prevent Pipes From Freezing
As the colder temperatures of winter have arrived, it’s important to keep your plumbing and heating system in mind. Protecting your pipes from freezing is one of the most crucial tasks.READ MORE
Image Credit: antoniodiaz / Shutterstock