Proper Maintenance Helps Save Money
Regular home maintenance is one of the easiest and best ways to ensure you save money. The small costs of repairs with helps prevent large replacement costs to buying new appliances. To ensure your house runs properly year after year in New Hampshire, maintenance is key. Drastic temperature drops that we see every winter, requires that everything is running at its utmost potential.
Even more then just increasing the life of your appliances, maintenance tune-ups can reduce breakdowns by as much as 95% and can reduce energy bills by 30%. While you may not initially love paying a professional, it will pay back over time.
Between scheduled maintenance visits from professionals, you can do things yourself to keep your appliances in tip top shape.
– Water Heater: Add insulation around your water heater to reduce any energy loss.
– Boiler: Examine any and all vent connections and check for any cracks or holes that could appear. You should also be sure to check for water leaks.
– Furnace: Replacing and keeping your filter clean is important. Regularly removing dirt from the furnace system, blower, and motor will help keep it clean.
– Air Conditioning: First of all, be sure that your entire unit is level. Then go through and clean and remove any debris from inside and around the unit. Periodically, you can clean the evaporator coil, evaporator drain, and change the blower filter.
– Plumbing: You should always be on the lookout for small leaks. If you notice one, be sure to fix it immediately. Take the needed steps to prevent frozen pipes as well.